Your tutor: James achieved a band 6 in HSC Physics in 2013 and is an experienced tutor who has successfully helped students reach their potential in the subject. James has an in depth knowledge and interest in physics and is completing an undergraduate degree in Engineering and Science (Advanced) with a Physics major at the University of Sydney.
The HSC physics course is both interesting and challenging and has significant real world applications. Unfortunately, in many schools, physics is taught in a complicated, unstructured and unapproachable fashion, creating a level of confusion within the classroom, sapping a student’s enthusiasm and giving them a perception of the subject as being too difficult for their capabilities.
At Master Coaching we realise that when taught correctly, any student can achieve fantastic results in physics.
We teach physics with a very strong focus on gaining an in depth understanding of key concepts in the syllabus, rather than just rote learning and memorising content. This ensures that the student has the necessary knowledge and skills to answer the wide variety of questions they can encounter in their exams.
Our teaching method is as follows:
- Each individual dot-point of the syllabus is taught thoroughly with the students being given the opportunity to ask their own questions so that they are not being left behind
- Real-life examples and simplifications are used to ensure each student’s understanding and keep them engaged in the lesson
- The students knowledge is tested and improved through practice questions and past HSC papers in order to prepare them for their upcoming assessments
- Proper exam techniques are taught and practiced with feedback being provided by the tutor to help each student properly communicate their knowledge and maximise their marks
- Comprehensive resources are provided so that students receive all of the required information to aid them in their study
Regular updates on each students understanding and performance are communicated to both the student and their parents, helping to identify areas that require further improvement in order to optimise their marks in the HSC Physics course.